EDMP at Affiliate Employers
This resource page is for employees that do not work at one of the provincial health authorities.
You will find the following information regarding the Enhanced Disability Management Program (EDMP):
- What is EDMP?
- Who is eligible?
- Is privacy protected?
- Authorization Form
- EDMP Policies and Procedures
If you have questions about EDMP, please talk to your:
What is EDMP?
EDMP is part of the collective agreement and provides proactive support to help employee’s timely and safe recovery when they are absent from work or struggling at work due to an illness or injury. EDMP involves support from a Disability Management Professional and the union’s EDMP representative.
The employee’s customized plan may include:
- Support and services to address medical, personal, workplace and vocational barriers
- Quicker access to medical and rehabilitation services
- Access to diagnostic services or treatments not covered by MSP or extended health plans.
- Return-to-work options: temporary assignments, flexible work, duty modifications, or alternate/sedentary work.
Who is eligible?
Participation is required for all full-time and part-time employees covered by the collective agreement who have:
- Missed one shift due to work related illness or injury, or
- Missed five consecutive shifts due to a non work-related illness or injury.
Regular employees who are struggling at work but do not meet the criteria, and casual employees, can self-refer into the program, however, services provided may vary.
Is privacy protected?
Medical information is kept in the strictest confidence, and is available to the Disability Management Professional and the EDMP union representative working directly with the employee. Information is provided to the employer on a need-to-know basis and is limited to the nature of an absence and any functional information relating to returning to work. The Disability Management Professional and the EDMP union representative are bound by the EDMP Confidentiality Policy.
There is a Confidentiality Policy for each bargaining association. Click below for the related policy:
- Confidentiality Policy for CBA
- Confidentiality Policy for FBA
- Confidentiality Policy for NBA and HSPBA
Employees participating in EDMP complete an Authorization Form for their bargaining association. Click below for example Authorization Forms when Morneau Shepell is the EDMP provider:
- Authorization Form for CBA
- Authorization Form for FBA
- Authorization Form for NBA
- Authorization Form for HSPBA
EDMP Policies and Procedures
There are policies and procedures for each bargaining association. Click below for the related policies and procedures: