Enhanced Disability Management Program
If you DO NOT work at one of the health authorities below or Providence Health Care, please visit the Affiliate EDMP page.
- Fraser Health
- Interior Health
- Island Health
- Northern Health
- Providence Health Care
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- Vancouver Coastal Health
The Enhanced Disability Management Program (EDMP) provides customized support and services to address medical, personal, workplace and vocational issues that keep employees from fully engaging in the workplace.
Each plan is customized and may include access to diagnostic services or treatments not covered by MSP or extended health plans; and return-to-work options such as temporary assignments, flexible work, duty modifications, or alternate/sedentary work.
Who is eligible?
Participation is required for regular employees who:
- Miss one shift due to illness or injury resulting from a work-related event
- Miss five consecutive shifts due to illness or injury
Employees who are struggling at work and casual employees may also be referred, or self refer, to the program, although services provided may vary.
Forms and Documents
To help you access support, and to understand how your privacy is protected, please refer to the documents below:
- Confidentiality - NBA/HSPBA
- Confidentiality - FBA
- Confidentiality - CBA
- EDMP Authorization Form for NBA/HSPBA EDMP (Employer)
- EDMP Authorization Form for NBA/HSPBA EDMP (Employer and HBT)
- EDMP Authorization Form for FBA
- EDMP Authorization Form for CBA
Policies and Procedures
Watch the "EDMP and You" tutorial for more information.
Do you have questions about your role in EDMP? Refer to "Participating in the Development of Your Treatment Plan."
You may also consult with your:
- EDMP representative
- Disability management department
- Collective agreement